Jayanti chauhan is preparing to take over 1000 cr Bisleri brand from her father Ramesh chauhan. The former fashion stylist worked at her father’s company and joined as a director in 2009 to take forward our father legacy.
She has studied fashion styling; make up, photography and merchandising but is away from all those and is making efforts to make Bisleri an international brand
She says, “My father never forced me to join his business. Nor was it a planned decision. Since I was always interested in art, fashion and photography, I went ahead to pursue studies in these fields. After I finished university I worked a little bit in fashion industry before I returned to India to start working in the Bisleri factory at the age of 24.”
Initially she started her career working from the Delhi office and three years later, she moved to Mumbai. During this time, she chose to pursue a Masters in Arabic from the School of Oriental and African Studies in London. “But I was always working with the company. I had left the country and not my company,” says Jayanti, putting the reports about her short stint in Bisleri to rest. She goes on to add: “I was running Vedica, Bisleri’s natural mineral water from London. I used to make trips to India every three months. I was running ad campaigns and overseeing marketing assignments through Skype conferences and calls. I have always been an official Director of Bisleri throughout.” She aims to capture 100 percent of the Indian market and take Bisleri international.
Jayanti’s father Ramesh Chauhan of Bisleri, the creator of Thums Up, Gold Spot and Limca, is celebrating his 50 years with Parle with the launch of his biography – Thunder Unbottled written by Patricia Sethi
Facts about Jayanti chauhan:-
- She is director of Parle Bisleri group.
- She is a former fashion stylist.
- She join Parle Bisleri group in 2009.
- She is a Masters in Arabic from the School of Oriental and African Studies in London.
- She aims to capture 100 percent of the Indian market and take Bisleri international.
- The Parle Group founded by Jayanti Lal Chauhan began manufacturing soft drinks in 1949.
- Bisleri, an Italian mineral water company, was launched in Mumbai in the year 1965.
- Parle bought over Bisleri, from an Italian entrepreneur in 1969.