Mr. Punit Goenka is the Managing Director and Chief Executive Office of Zee Entertainment Enterprises Ltd. (ZEEL). In this role, Punit has been extremely successful in enhancing the company’s performance and in driving the company towards its set goals.
Under his leadership, Zee entertainment has achieved many prestigious awards, elevating the brand to a global cadre. Dun & Bradstreet – Rolta Corporate Award, Business world Infocom ICT Award, IMC Fusion Award 2013 for Excellence in Media, are some of the many awards bagged by ZEEL during Punit’s tenure. His futuristic vision and sharp acumen in the new media domain, has led the company to launch the nation’s first ever ‘Over the Top Television Platform.’
Punit is also responsible for expanding the company’s global presence across 169 countries, and its reach to over 730 million viewers.
Punit Goenka today received the Business Today ‘Best CEO Award’ in the Media and Entertainment category for 2016. The award was presented by the Chief Guest, Hon’ble Minister of Law & Justice and Electronics & Information Technology, Government of India, Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad, Chairman & Editor-in-Chief, India Today group, Mr. Aroon Purie, & Vice Chairman, Wave group. The ceremony which was held at the Taj Mahal Hotel in New Delhi on Saturday 17th December 2016.
Indian Broadcasting Foundation (IBF), the representative body of television broadcasters elected Punit Goenka as president at its 17th annual general meeting. He who has been working with ZEE as its managing director since 2010, started his career with the Essel group that runs ZEE. He also worked with Dish TV from 1997 to 2004 and served as vice president of operations for three years. Goenka is also the chairman of the television ratings agency Broadcast Audience Research Council (BARC) India.
Facts about Punit goenka:-
- Punit Goenka, a young and dynamic professional with a strong entrepreneurial background, started his career with Essel Group.
- His futuristic vision and sharp acumen in the new media domain, has led the company to a global stature today.
- Punit is also responsible for expanding the company’s international presence across 169 countries, and its reach to over 959 million viewers.
- He is also listed amongst the top 100 CEOs of India, in a study published by Business Today in 2015.
- He has received the prestigious Economic Times ’40 Under Forty’ India’s Hottest Business Leaders Award 2014, the ‘Young CEO Award’ by CEO India magazine in 2015.
- He is also elected president of IBF.