Roshni Nadar is the Executive Director and the CEO of HCL Corporation. She is the only child of HCL founder Shiv Nadar.
She is someone who looks simple but has a depth. Her interests in music, travel and yoga prepare her for the exclusive challenges at work place. Roshni Nadar has an exquisite record of handling operations very intricately.
Roshni Nadar majored in radio, television and film and interned with CNBC, CNN before she did a short stint with Sky News, London. A ‘serious chat’ with daddy made her realise that she could never be a Rupert Murdoch unless she learned how to manage a business.
Roshni, who studied MBA at the Kellogg University, was appointed CEO of the holding company in 2009. She handles the treasury operations, including investment decisions. Shiv Nadar, as chairman, focuses on developing the vision for the group, and is particularly focused on his philanthropic work for which he has committed 10% of his wealth. The two listed entities are professionally managed, and Roshni is known to have said she would like to keep them that way.
Today she is the executive director and the CEO of HCL Corporation and owns 50 % in HCL Technologies and 44.4 per cent in HCL Info Systems. Married to Shikhar Malhotra, she focuses on expanding the educational initiatives of the Shiv Nadar Foundation.
Though entrepreneurs are not born, many leaders are making landmark but in this case, we will have to differ a bit in order to justify things. Roshni was promoted as the Executive Director of HCL within a year of her joining. Roshni served important roles as the Shiv Nadar Foundation before moving to HCL. Her stint at Shiv Nadar Foundation was nothing less than preparation for handling eminent positions at HCL.
Media and experts always eyed the movement of Shiv Nadar related to Roshni but Shiv Nadar did the requisite only when, he found his daughter was ready. Roshni has proved herself at varied instances in life.
In 2013, Shiv Nadar announced that his daughter Roshni Nadar Malhotra will be replacing him as the CEO of the company and he also informed the media about the roles and responsibilities she would be handling at HCL. While Roshni is the CEO and the Executive Director, she will not be interfering with the operational matters.
Here are the various Initiative Roshni Nadar is involved with:-
- Roshni Nadar is a trustee at the Shiv Nadar organization. There was a time she used to overlook everything that happened in the organization.
- A reputed member of SSN Institution and Shiv Nadar University boards of management, she looks over the curriculum and ensures the best of education is provided to everyone.
- She manages everything related to VidyaGyan schools in Uttar Pradesh. Her attempt here is to revolutionize the education sector in underdeveloped parts of the Indian sub-continent.
- Roshni is working really hard on VidyaGyan initiative and the campaign is doing really good.
- Worked in collaboration with Rajiv Gandhi Foundation and ensure proper promotion of education among the children of Dalit and Muslim in the state.
- Her experience with news channels like Sky and CNN has helped her see the world problems under better light.
- Roshni was awarded with Dean’s Distinguished Service Award at the Kellogg University for her exceptional performance.
Roshni Nadar Malhotra was in-charge for his second innings in philanthropy is clear from what Shiv Nadar, founder and chairman of HCL and the Shiv Nadar Foundation. Influenced by US philanthropic families like the Carnegies and Rockefellers, who believed in institution-building, Malhotra also starts the concept of “creative philanthropy”, which loosely translates into “create something and leave it behind”. The hallmark of the Shiv Nadar Foundation is institution-building, be it schools, a college campus and perhaps even an art museum eventually.
Facts about Roshni Nadar Malhotra:-
- She is executive director and CEO of HCL.
- She is a trained classical musician and enjoyed yoga every day.
- Career started in 2008.
- Carring the responsibility of shiv Nadar foundation.
- Roshni Nadar majored in radio, television and film.
- She has done internship with CNBC, CNN before she did a short stint with Sky News, London.
- She was appointed as a Ceo of HCL in 2009.
- She is also a philanthrophist.